Sunday 26 July 2015

Worst time of the year

Worst time of the year

It's the time of the year within the garden that I don't like. Rain, warmth, end of many flowers, coming to the end of soft fruit, long grass going to seed and falling over and weeds doing their best. Things have built up to almost unmanageable proportions.

The rain stopped me from spending time outside, we've had a few days going to fĂȘtes and  vegetable shows plus we bought a Minibus which took another day out and I started a new part time job, losing me another day. A wet week with another few wet days to come has stopped me from harvesting seed from the parsnip, chard, spinach and beans and there is a manure heap that was delivered that needs moving. The long grass needs cutting and all this needs to be done this week because we are on holiday the following week, which brings another problem - watering the green house, so I need to get the automatic drip watering system set up and working as well. All this at a time we need get the camping equipment out of the sheds, dusted down and tested.

I don't know where the time is going to be found but it's going to be a very busy week and here I am wasting time writing about it rather than doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment